Behold my latest attempt at DIY. A practical thing I really needed but found nothing that could satisfy my needs. I wanted to fit assorted brushes and cleaners that doesn’t involve a fanny pack. I also wanted to channel the 1980s movie action heroes of my youth. So the best of both worlds with a bandolier that I made myself. I did a few brushes for this demonstration. I used seat belt material, parachute clasps, elastic, heavyweight thread, and a large needle that I purchased in total for under US$20. I don’t have a sewing machine so it was all (badly) hand stitched by me.
All I really did was place the seat belt material flat on a table, put a brush barrel down for size reference, and looped elastic around the brush. I secured the size with a pin and began sewing from there. I would change the brushes around so I could get a variety of brushes to fit. Some of my brushes have Brush Guards on them to help keep their shape.
More pictures in case you need them.